Check out the Jumpstart video and have a read through the frequently asked questions below.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
- What is the Jumpstart Program? The Jumpstart program is like an internship that is designed to provide young individuals with the skills necessary to perform well in the hospitality industry. Not only will you receive a Jumpstart certificate at the end of it, but also a Certificate 3 in hospitality and potentially a job offer if you are keen to stay! All of this while you get paid on the job.
- Can I start the Jumpstart program if I am 17? Yes, you may start the program 1 month before you turn 18 years old.
- What are the steps to join the program? First off send your resume, you will receive a jumpstart information package with all the information on the program. We will then arrange an interview with a quick trial and then review the contract with you.
- How long is the program? 6 months.
- How many hours a week and how much do I get paid? The weekly hours are between 21 and 23 and the weekly salary is based on the industry award. The Jumpstart pay scale will be in your info pack.
- When can I join? Recruitment is ongoing.
- Can I work even though I am studying? Yes, as long as you can fulfil the 21 to 23 hours of weekly training/work.
Are you looking for a Summer job? Look no further!
We are holding an information session on December 18th at 9am to give you an insight into the Leura Garage Jumpstart program.
Come along and learn more!
Have no experience? No worries! There will be other young people just like you at the session who are willing to find out what it takes to become a hospo gun!
Register now on Eventbrite. https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/jumpstart-program-session-tickets-216693986547
Where: Leura Garage Restaurant – Leura
When: December 18th at 9am
Qualifications and Experience: None needed!