Click on the image below to check out the Jumpstart brochure and have a read through the frequently asked questions below.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
- What is the Jumpstart Program? The Jumpstart program is like an internship that is designed to provide young individuals with the skills necessary to perform well in the hospitality industry. Not only will you receive a Jumpstart certificate at the end of it, but also a Certificate 3 in hospitality and potentially a job offer if you are keen to stay! All of this while you get paid on the job.
- Can I start the Jumpstart program if I am 17? Yes, you may start the program 1 month before you turn 18 years old.
- What are the steps to join the program? First off send your resume, you will receive a jumpstart information package with all the information on the program. We will then arrange an interview with a quick trial and then review the contract with you.
- How long is the program? 6 months.
- How many hours a week and how much do I get paid? The weekly hours are between 21 and 23 and the weekly salary is based on the industry award. The Jumpstart pay scale will be in your info pack.
- When can I join? Recruitment is ongoing.
- Can I work even though I am studying? Yes, as long as you can fulfil the 21 to 23 hours of weekly training/work.